Frida Kahlo

Kadın.....



















MEMORY
I had swayed. Nothing else. But suddenly I knew
In the depth of my silence
He was following me. Like my shadow, blameless and light
In the night, a song sobbed…
The Indians lengthened, winding, through the alleys of the town.
A harp and a jacaranda were the music, and the smiling dark-skinned girls
Were the happiness
In the background, behind the “Zócalo,” the river shined
and darkened, like
the moments of my life.
He followed me.
I ended up crying, isolated in the porch of the parish church,
protected by my bolita shawl, drenched with my tears.

                                                               Frida Kahlo /The Letters of Frida Kahlo


   The Wounded Deer



The Wounded Deer

I have a woman's face
           but I'm a little stag,
because I had the balls
to come this far into the forest,
to where the trees are broken.
The nine points of my antlers
have battled
with the nine arrows in my hide.

I can hear the bone-saw
in the ocean on the horizon.
I emerged from the waters
of the Hospital for Special Surgery.
It had deep blue under-rooms.

And once, when I opened my eyes
too quickly after the graft,
I could see right through
all the glass ceilings,
up to where lightning forked
across the New York sky
           like the antlers of sky-deer,
rain arrowing the herd.

Small and dainty as I am
I escaped into this canvas,
where I look back at you
in your steel corset, painting
the last splash on my hoof.


 What the Water Gave Me: Poems after Frida Kahlo


4 yorum:

Luna dedi ki...

yüzdeki gülümseme.

erkek versiyonuna olan açlık.

feminine / famine.

sevgi ile,
luna.

Erdost Yüksel dedi ki...

Ağrıları yüzmeyi öğrenmeden, onları boğmak isterdim...

denisethemenace dedi ki...

En sevdiğim kahramanlardan,en azından benim için...

crazywomanrosemary dedi ki...

Özürlü bir yaşamın içinde yaşama tutunan bir sanatçı...sergisi olduğunda gitmiştim..ruh halinin nasıl eserler yarattığını görmek için:))